- June 9, 2015Photofy 4.0 - A Game changer for mobile photo editing
- October 30, 2014Social content creation engine Photofy snaps up $1M
- February 14, 2014Meet Photofy - the app that turns your photos into works of art
Photofy Raises $1M, launches 3.0
USA, 30 October 2014 – Photofy, the social content creation app for iOS and Android that empowers user creativity by adding their own unique touch to photos, today announces the company closed a new round of investment and is launching Photofy 3.0, adding a number of awesome new features for users to take advantage of. Photofy is available for free download for the Apple App Store, Google Play, and now on the Amazon Appstore.
Along with current investors US-based Capitol Broadcasting Corp, Highland Capital’s James Dondero and Michael Olander, Jr. of MDO Holdings are all key contributors in the latest round of investment for the company, amounting to $1M. It brings the total amount to date to $1.75M.
“Armed with this new investment, our focus now is on growing the team, particularly on the sales and marketing side,” said Co-Founder and President of Photofy, Jon LaNasa. “With the amazing stuff we’re doing right now, it’s important we keep telling people about the app as well as ensuring our development and refinement of the app keeps improving. The aim is to continue the excellent growth and engagement we’ve seen over the last six months.”
Photofy enables users of all creative abilities to enhance their captured photos, or stock backgrounds and photos, using thousands of professionally designed graphics, stickers, typography and frames. Photofy’s impressive library of pre-designed content spans over 250 categories from birthdays to babies, Halloween to collegiate licensing, weddings, holidays…and of course ‘selfies’. Photofy was created for people who are passionate about photography and want to express themselves creatively.
Photofy 3.0 introduces even more to inspire creativity and for people to express themselves. Users now have access to ‘Experiences’, the simplest way to create magical photos by theme or brand, with over 100 available at launch, including Halloween, Disney, Universities - including Notre Dame and Alabama, Selfies, inspirational quotes and more, creating a feature that is unique to Photofy in today’s photo app world.
Photofy 3.0 also launches dedicated channels for brands. By teaming up with Photofy, brands are able to promote themselves to Photofy’s fast growing community of users by sponsoring different in-app experiences. Photofy helps users access the exclusive content of their favorite brands or artists. Photofy Pro is also available for brands that would like to use the platform to generate compelling content to communicate with fans and customers. Early adopters from the Photofy Pro beta include the Durham Bulls, Albright Digital, All About Beer and Canvas on Demand.
The key features of Photofy 3.0 include:
- NEW – Over 100 ‘Experiences’ for events and occasions. Choose one and quickly create magical photos.
- NEW – Photofy for brands to take advantage of the app’s engaged community or to create compelling social content for your own posts
- NEW – Thematic Capture – apply filters or graphic overlays in real-time to get an idea of how the effect looks before you take a photo
- NEW – Revamped home screen, featuring a carousel design, for users to get where they want quickly and easily
- NEW – Offline Mode to access the app’s vast collection of filters, effects, fonts and lots more when you don’t have an Internet connection
- NEW – Photofy is now available in the Amazon App Store for free download
- The world’s largest collection of overlay content (35,000 graphic elements), 90+ free fonts and 30+ free filters and film effects
- Pick an overlay, add a filter, resize or add freeform text for a final touch
- Share across social networks including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Line and more
“Photofy 3.0 is the latest step in the evolution of the app, and it’s by far our most exciting innovation to date. We’ve listened closely to our users, the feedback they’ve given and the types of features they’d like to see,” said Co-Founder and Creative Director of Photofy, Jesse Flores. “We’ve made some intricate changes such as the home screen update that may seem small but is going to change the way our users reach the content they want. What we’re most proud of is ‘Experiences’, the ability to create fantastic looking content for events, occasions and more.”
“Photofy is focussed on offering people and now businesses and brands the tools to get creative with their photos and express thoughts, feelings and share them with the world. 3.0 does this and a whole lot more.”
For more information please visit www.photofy.com.